View Our Selection of Distillery No.209 Online
Distillery 209 story begins in New York in 1870, when William Scheffler purchased the patent for California rights to a new design of a pot still. He journeyed west and eventually became a distiller at Krug in St. Helena, Napa Valley. In 1880. in 1882 Scheffler added a stone and brick distillery to the winemaking facilities at Edge Hill.The restoration of the original Distillery No. 209 received preservationist awards from both Napa County and the State of California and a new distillery in San Francisco was opened.
The gin is a true four-times column-distilled from Midwestern corn and has a smooth, almost sweet finish. The water used is pure snowmelt from the Sierra-Nevada Mountains and The delicious complexity of No. 209’s citrus spice flavor profile is primarily a result of bergamot orange, lemon peel, cardamom pods, cassia bark, angelica root and coriander seeds